Thank you for visiting our website. Bankers Life Insurance Company (“BLIC”) and its affiliated entities, respect your right to privacy. We are committed to protecting your right to privacy through our compliance with this policy and all Federal and State privacy laws and regulations.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.bankerslifeinsurance.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In an e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
No Children or Persons Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children or persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases (if applicable) through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child or person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might mistakenly have any information from or about a child or person under the age 18, please email email@example.com or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other Information the Website collects that is defined as Personal Identifiable Information under applicable Law;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
OPT-OUT - We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information on how you can opt out of third parties' tracking technologies please email email@example.com or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you or to forward to you targeted advertising from many providers. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, to OPT-OUT please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of BLIC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by BLIC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To pass the information on to one of our affiliate companies.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BLIC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can send an OPT- OUT request to email@example.com or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bankers Life Insurance Company, 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, NC 27713.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
1. Please read this page carefully. It contains the terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") governing your access to and use of the Bankers Life Insurance Company Web Site - www.bankerslifeinsurance.com and the Services (as each are defined below) provided by Bankers Life Insurance Company ("Bankers Life"). If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or you do not meet or comply with their provisions, you may not use the Medical Placement Services Web Sites or Services. These Terms and Conditions are effective as of April 5, 2017.
2. Binding Agreement. These Terms and Conditions (as they may be amended from time to time by Bankers Life), together with your Potential Employment and Candidate Search Service Agreement (if applicable), form a binding agreement (the "Agreement") between you and Bankers Life. Your access to or use of the Bankers Life Web Sites or Services indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. You are agreeing to use the Sites at your own risk.
3. Certain Definitions. The following definitions apply to this Agreement:
3.1 "Bankers Life Materials" includes any materials, methodologies, implementation plans or other intellectual property used by employees during the provision of Services.
3.2 "Bankers Life Web Site" or the "Site" (collectively, the "Bankers Life Websites" or the "Sites") means any web site under Bankers Life's control, whether partial or otherwise and includes such Site's Content, Text, Graphics, Design, Programming, Bankers Life Materials and Services (as applicable in each context).
3.3 "Content" includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the Sites.
3.5 "Document" refers to any posting to a Site, whether job or resume.
3.6 " Employee or Potential Employee" means a person or persons that may be accessing a Site to submit their resume or view open positions or utilizing the Services for any reason related to the purpose of seeking employment.
3.7 "Global Materials" includes any brochures, emails, sample job postings, web site content, career fair material, audio, videos, photographs, logos, trademarks, service marks, domain names, documents or other materials provided by Bankers Life or affiliated Employer, if any, for use in connection with the Services.
3.8 "Graphics" includes all logos, buttons, and other graphical elements on the Sites, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
3.9 "iCims Page” references to a link where a potential employee can submit their resume or view open positions. It does not however provide for nor create a login on the Bankers Life Website.
3.10 "Services" means any services provided by Bankers Life or its agents described herein and specified more fully any Bankers Life Service Activation Agreement (if applicable).
3.11 "Text" includes all text on every page of the Sites, whether editorial, navigational, or instructional.
3.12 "User" refers to any individual or entity that uses any aspect of the Sites.
3.13 "You" or "you" means the person who (or the entity on behalf of whom you are acting) that is agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Intellectual Property Rights and Acceptable Use of the Sites and Services.
4.1 General Use Rules. The Sites are intended for individuals seeking employment and for employers or recruiters seeking candidates for employment. You may use the Sites only for lawful purposes within the stated context of Bankers Life's intended and acceptable use of the Sites. Bankers Life is the sole interpreter of the Sites' intended and acceptable use.
4.2 Bankers Life Intellectual Property Rights. The Sites, the Bankers Life Materials and all right, title and interest in and to the Sites and Bankers Life Materials are the sole property of Bankers Life or its licensors, and are protected by United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. Except for the limited licenses expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions, Bankers Life reserves for itself and its licensors all other rights, title and interest. Without limitation on the foregoing, you may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content or Bankers Life Materials, or use them in any other way for public or commercial purpose. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this prohibition includes: (a) copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate web pages on the Sites; (b) using or attempting to use engines, manual or automated software, tools, devices, agents, scripts, robots or other means, devices, mechanisms or processes (including, but not limited to, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, search, access, "scrape," "crawl," or "spider" any web pages or any Services provided on the Sites other than the search engine and search agents available from Bankers Life on such Bankers Life Sites and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari); and (c) aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the Content or information available from any of the Bankers Life Sites, without the express written consent of Bankers Life. The use of the Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is strictly prohibited. The Bankers Life Materials are not considered to be works for hire and you may duplicate such Bankers Life Materials only for the purposes outlined in the Service Activation Agreement. "Bankers Life," "Personified", the Bankers Life design logo and certain other names or logos are service marks or trademarks of Bankers Life, and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the service marks or trademarks of Bankers Life. In addition, the "look" and "feel" of the Sites (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by Bankers Life's trademarks, service marks and copyrights. Any code that Bankers Life creates to generate or display the Content or the pages making up the Sites is also protected by Bankers Life's copyright. You must retain all copyright, trademarks, service mark and other proprietary notices contained on the Content or Bankers Life Materials on any authorized copy you make of the Content or Bankers Life Materials. All other product and service marks contained on the Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
4.3 License to Use by Users who are Job Seekers. Bankers Life hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Sites only for your personal use seeking employment opportunities for yourself. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Sites solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to a Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Your use of the Sites is a privilege. Bankers Life reserves the right to suspend or terminate that privilege for any reason at any time, in its sole discretion.
4.4 License to Use by Users who are Employers. Bankers Life hereby grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive right to access and use the Sites only for your internal business use seeking candidates for employment. This authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Sites solely for your personal use directly related to searching for and recruiting job prospects. Bankers Life also grants you a limited, terminable, non-exclusive license to use the Bankers Life Materials and Services for your internal use only. You may not sell, transfer or assign any of the Services or your rights to any of the Services provided by Bankers Life to any third party without the express written authorization of Bankers Life. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of any Document you post to a Site and any consequences arising from such posting. Bankers Life reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access and use at any time if Bankers Life determines that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
4.5 Global Materials. Employer represents, warrants and covenants that any Global Materials provided by Employer for use in connection with the Services will not violate any laws or regulations or third-party proprietary rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, obscenity, rights of publicity or privacy, and defamation laws. Employer hereby grants Bankers Life a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use the Global Materials and to hyperlink to any potential employees social media page or website in connection with potential employment.
4.6 Use of Aggregate Data. You understand and agree that Bankers Life owns and has the right to collect, extract, compile, synthesize, and analyze Aggregate Data. Bankers Life may use such Aggregate Data for any lawful business purpose without a duty of accounting to you, provided that the data and information is used only in an aggregated and anonymized form so that it cannot be identifiable as relating to you as a potential employee or to any other Job Seekers. "Aggregate Data" means de-identified aggregated data or information regarding Job Seekers' educational or career history (including, by way of example and not limitation, aggregate data relating to Job Seekers' occupation, location, salary, education and experience).
4.7 Other Specific Rules Regarding Site Usage. You represent, warrant and agree that you (a) are at least 13 years of age or older, and if under the age of 18 or the age of majority as that is defined in your jurisdiction, you will only use the Sites and Services under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult; and (b) will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Sites for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Sites complies with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws.
4.8 User Submissions. Bankers Life welcomes your comments regarding the Services and the Sites and appreciates hearing from you. Please note, however, that Bankers Life does not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those which it has specifically requested. If you submit feedback on the Services, please be specific in your comments and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials. If, despite this notice, you send Bankers Life creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (a "User Submission"); you understand and agree that the User Submission shall become the property of Bankers Life. User Submission and any elements contained in User Submissions shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on Bankers Life's part, and Bankers Life will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any User Submission. Bankers Life shall exclusively own all now known or later discovered rights to the User Submission and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the User Submission for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you or any other person.
5. Third Party Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Bankers Life may provide the Services using third party providers, including subcontractors and consultants (the "Third Party Providers"). You agree that, as between Bankers Life and its Third Party Providers, Bankers Life will have sole responsibility for handling all billing and contract negotiations.
6. Disclaimers and Limitations on Bankers Life's Liability.
6.1 Allocation of Responsibility Bankers Life assumes no responsibility for Documents posted by Users and no responsibility for the activities, omissions or other conduct of Users. Bankers Life acts as a portal for the online distribution and publication of User submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring Documents posted by Users. If notified by a User of a Document which allegedly does not conform to these Terms and Conditions, Bankers Life may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Document. Bankers Life has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Bankers Life may take any action with respect to User submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate, in its sole discretion.
6.2 No endorsements by Bankers Life. Nothing on the Sites shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty with respect to any User or third party, whether in regards to its web site, products, services, hiring, experience, employment or recruiting practices, or otherwise.
7. WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS.
7.1 THE SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Bankers Life, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Bankers Life MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITES.
7.2 WITHOUT LIMITATION ON THE FOREGOING:
(a) Bankers Life DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITES AND THEIR SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITES RESULTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, Bankers Life IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS.
(b) Bankers Life makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, LEGALITY, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any Documents posted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by Users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on Documents posted by Users, or on any other form of communication with Users, will be at your own risk.
(c) Bankers Life makes no representations or guarantees regarding the Content of the Sites, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
(d) BANKERS LIFE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SERVICES OR TIMELINESS OF THE SERVICES IN MEETING YOUR EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES. Bankers Life DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL RESULT IN CANDIDATES BEING HIRED, POSITIONS BEING FILLED OR EMPLOYEES BEING RETAINED, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY BUSINESS, EMPLOYMENT, HIRING AND/OR SALARY DECISIONS, FOR WHATEVER REASON MADE, MADE BY YOU.
8. DAMAGE LIMITATIONS, ALLOCATIONS OF LIABILITY AND EQUITABLE RELIEF.
8.1 YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITES, THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND THE DOCUMENTS OR GLOBAL MATERIALS THAT YOU POST, PROVIDE OR ACCESS AND FOR YOUR CONDUCT ON AND OFF THE SITES.
8.2 IN NO EVENT SHALL Bankers Life (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY NON-DIRECT DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM OR ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH SERVICES OR THE USE OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SITES AND/OR ANY DOCUMENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT Bankers Life IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
8.3 BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN BANKERS LIFE’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY NON-DIRECT TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO U.S. $200.00 IN THE AGGREGATE.
8.4 IN NO EVENT SHALL Bankers Life (OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR ADVERTISERS), BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS IN THE AGGREGATE OF US$200.00 (OR, IF YOU ARE AN EMPLOYER WITH A SERVICES AGREEMENT WITH Bankers Life, THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO Bankers Life UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IF GREATER THAN US$200.00).
8.5 Due to the nature of this Agreement, in addition to money damages, you agree that Bankers Life will be entitled to equitable relief upon a breach of this agreement by you.
9. User Authentication. Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Bankers Life cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because Bankers Life does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Sites, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release Bankers Life from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
10. California Residents. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
11. Payment of Services upon Termination of Service Activation Agreement. If at any time during the course of this Agreement you should terminate a Service Activation Agreement or any other services Agreement in which these Terms and Conditions have been incorporated by reference, then Bankers Life shall reserve the right to receive all payments from you for the Services used by you up to termination and for fifty percent (50%) of the remaining unused portion of the Service Agreement.
12. Links to iCims Page or Other Sites. Bankers Life contains a link to iCims Page of an affiliate and may at some point provide a links to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Bankers Life of the contents on such third-party web sites. Bankers Life is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
13. Amendments to this Agreement and Changes to Sites. Bankers Life may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this page. Changes will be binding on you on the date they are posted on the Sites (or as otherwise stated in the any notice of such changes). Any use of a Site will be considered acceptance by you of the then-current Terms and Conditions (including any exhibits thereto) contained on such Site. If at any time you find the Terms and Conditions unacceptable, you may not use the applicable Site any longer. Any new or different terms supplied by you are specifically rejected by Bankers Life unless Bankers Life agrees to them in a signed writing specifically including those new or different terms. Bankers Life may change the Sites at any time.
14. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Bankers Life (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents) from and against any third party claims, actions or demands (including, without limitation, costs, damages and reasonable legal and accounting fees) alleging or resulting from or in connection with your use of the Sites, any Document posted by you, your use of the Services or your breach of this Agreement. Bankers Life shall use reasonable efforts to provide you prompt notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and may assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
15.1 When you register on any of the Bankers Life Sites or in connection with the Services, you will be asked to create an account and provide Bankers Life with certain information, including but not limited to, a valid email address ("User Information"). You acknowledge and agree that you have no ownership rights in your account.
15.3 Questions and Notices. Questions concerning the use of the Sites should be directed to Feedback. Notices to Bankers Life should be sent to the address listed on the Sites. We will send notice to you at the address submitted by you or to such other address as Bankers Life reasonably determines is an appropriate address for you.
15.4 General. Bankers Life contact information is listed on the Sites. Bankers Life makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries, and such persons have no right to access or use the Sites. If you access Bankers Life from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. This Agreement and your Service Activation Agreement, if you have one, are governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Illinois, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this Agreement or your any Service Activation Agreement (if applicable) shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts in the State of North Carolina. You agree to the sole Jurisdiction and Venue of the State of North Carolina. The sole relationship between you and Bankers Life is that of independent contractors. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of all or part of a provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining parts and provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. All provisions of this Agreement shall survive termination except those granting access or use to the Sites, and you shall cease all your use and access thereof immediately. You may not assign or transfer your obligations under this Agreement. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided by Bankers Life in a particular "Legal Notice," or material on particular web pages of the Sites, this Agreement and your Service Activation Agreement where applicable, constitute the entire agreement between you and Bankers Life.
16. Rules regarding Posting, Conduct and Security. The following rules apply to your use of the Sites and/or the Services. The list of rules is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all posting, conduct and security rules.
16.1 Posting Rules:
(a) You may not post any Document to a Site that contains: (i) URLs or links to web sites other than to recruitment related pages on your company web site (to advertise your company or web site, see our Advertising Info page.); (ii) copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner's permission to post the copyrighted material); (iii) trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner's permission to post them); (iv) material that infringes on or misappropriates any other intellectual property rights, or violates the privacy or publicity rights of others; (v) irrelevant keywords or white text keywords (including any words embedded in the Document and hidden from the User); (vi) anything that is discriminatory, sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful; or (vii) anything that is embarrassing or offensive to another person or entity.
(b) You may not use a Document(s) to: (i) impersonate another person, living or dead; (ii) post false, inaccurate or misleading information, opinions or notices (commercial or otherwise) or chain letters; (iii) post advertisements, or solicitations of business (including, but not limited to, email processors, any pyramid scheme or "club membership"); provided, however that Bankers Life may allow posting of certain training and business opportunities (see 14.1(e) below).
(c) Your Document(s) must contain sufficient detail to convey clearly to the User the nature and requirements of the job opportunity, or, in the case of Users seeking employment, your qualifications as a candidate for employment. Documents that encourage the User to "email for more details" are not permitted.
(d) Job postings must describe individual openings for traditional W-2 or 1099 employees. You may not advertise multiple job openings in a single posting.
(e) In limited circumstances, at Bankers Life's sole discretion, Bankers Life allows non-traditional job postings such as education/training, business opportunities, franchise, and multi-level marketing opportunities to be posted on the Sites. These non-traditional job postings may require an investment of time and/or money by the User seeking the position. Bankers Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to move, modify, or remove entirely a non-traditional job posting if Bankers Life deems such job posting to conflict with the best interests of its Users or detract from the User experience.
(f) Resume postings must contain the accurate resume of a living individual seeking employment on a full-time, part-time, or contractual basis on his or her own behalf.
(g) Bankers Life is under no obligation to monitor the Documents posted on the Sites, but it may monitor Documents at random. Documents found to violate the above Posting Rules may be removed at Bankers Life's sole discretion.
17. Conduct Rules:
17.1 You may not respond to postings by other Users in any manner or for any purpose other than that which is expected (i.e., to apply for the job or to initiate further discussion with the candidate). Communications soliciting the Employer's business are prohibited.
17.2 You may not send unsolicited commercial email to Users.
17.3 Protect your password. Your Bankers Life account and any related Services accessed through such account are to be accessed and used solely by you. Upon your successful registration for a Bankers Life account, you will be provided with a unique password that will permit you to access the account. You may not provide your password or otherwise permit access to your Bankers Life account to any third party. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You agree to protect and keep your password confidential, to change your password on a regular basis, and to maintain appropriate and regularly updated malware scanning and cleaning tools on your network and individual computer(s).You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. If others use your password to post inappropriate material on the Sites, you risk losing your access to the Sites. You agree to notify Bankers Life immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
17.4 Report inappropriate postings or conduct to Feedback.
17.5 You may not delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
17.6 If at any time Bankers Life comes to the understanding that you: (i) misled Bankers Life regarding your business practices and/or services, or (ii) purchased services that do not represent your precise business, Bankers Life reserves the right to terminate your Agreement.
18. Security Rules:
18.1 Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Sites, including, without limitation: (i) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (iii) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Sites, overloading, "flooding", "mail bombing" or "crashing"; (iv) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; (v) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
18.2 Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability. Bankers Life will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
19. Copyright Complaints.
19.1 Bankers Life respects the intellectual property of others. It is Bankers Life's policy to respond to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. Bankers Life will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, Bankers Life may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. Bankers Life will terminate access for Users who are repeat infringers.
19.2 Notifying Bankers Life of Copyright Infringement: To provide Bankers Life notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of the Global Bankers Insurance Group’s Legal and Compliance Department at 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, North Carolina 27713. Please also note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
19.3 Providing Bankers Life with Counter-Notification: If we remove or disable access to content in response to an infringement notice, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content. If you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide Bankers Life with a counter notification by written communication to the attention of Global Bankers Insurance Group’s Legal and Compliance Department at 2327 Englert Dr. Durham, North Carolina 27713 that sets forth all of the necessary information required by the DMCA (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512). Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.